Re: Does anyone really enjoy digital photography?

Yes, actually. Lots of people do - lots of people who use picture taking in a huge variety of ways, may of which give them great personal pleasure.

Do we really have a problem with that? Is there something wrong with liking the digital darkroom? Is there something wrong with checking to see whether your composition is as good as you thought, and being able to redo the shot when you realize it's not? Is there something wrong with taking a bunch of pictures of your grandchild's 2nd birthday party to put on Facebook or Flickr and share with the aunts and uncles and cousins and other grandparents who couldn't be there? Is there something wrong with not waiting three days to discover that something you accidentally did in the picture taking was more interesting than what you were concentrating on? Does being able to lift up your iPhone and take a photograph necessarily imply that you won't think as much about the result as you would if you had a "real" camera?

Or are we dealing with a snob here, again?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx