Re: $ new pohotographs in PF exhibit hall on 02/29/14

At 12:33 PM -0500 3/1/14, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 29, 2014. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

			Dan Mitchell - Village

So it again with some morning or late afternoon light and a car or some people in the road.

			Bob McCulloch - Looking at Winter

Looks familiar! I like the conceit of the window, but the contents seem to have no focal point.

			Emily Ferguson - Visitor from the Arctic Circle
			Art Faul - Spencer's Bedroom, Yaddo Mansion, 1993

Why is the woman in the photo? Why are the highlights so badly blown? What is the point of including the image manipulation instructions?

Seeing process does not make the image work better than not-seeing it. Rather it drags attention away from the image and onto the processor.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx