Sony World Photography Awards Finalists

"The World Photography Organisation unveiled the finalists for the 2014 Sony World Photography Awards. The images were selected from 139,544 submissions by photographers in 166 countries (the highest number of entries in the awards' seven-year history), and they are characteristically superb.

"You can peruse the entire collection of shortlisted images from the Professional, Open and Youth categories at the WPO's website, but Alan Taylor at In Focus managed to get his hands on thirty-three hi-res versions of the some of the competition's most captivating entries. You'll want to head there for the full roundup, but we've included a few of our favorites below.

http://bit.ly/1cpflhb