Re: Annie Leibovitz photography exhibit opens at Lincoln museum

When Annie was as RS, she had bookers looking for people to portray, as I did while on contract to TIME. Without them, there would have been no great covers for the magazine. Now she works for VF and others, and still has these folks booking her time. Those bookers are the main reason I got out of news photography,as they occasionally tried to make me be in places I considered dangerous or even life-threatening. When one is on contract for such a powerful publication, your life isn’t really your own and if somebody tells you to go to (for example) Viet Nam or Iraq and get embedded with US forces who might put you in harm’s way, you go.But when somebody calls at 9AM and says to go to a location where there is an armed force has taken over (for example) the Israeli Embassy armed with heavy weapons, you might want to think twice. I said no to that one as I was already shooting something else and as a tall guy (6’6”) I do not like being around people shooting at other people. That can’t happen now, as you ought to see the Israeli Embassy in DC - talk about armored!