Re: 10 new photographs in PF members' exhibit space on 11 JAN 2014

Hi,

Here’s my 2 cents:

Howard Leigh - Hilary

I like the close crop, the unusual angle and the seemingly close connection between the subject and the photographer

Klaus Knuth - Landesteg

Thanks for the kind comments.  Just wanted to add that the right side of the image is just as much in focus as the rest.  Might have been the jpeg compression playing tricks?

Art Faul - Rush hour

I am biased as a fan of well executed panoramas as well as the city of London.  Not sure if I am a fan of the selective coloring as well.  Just me.

Tina Manley - Ruby, 2000

An gritty reminder of the fact that ‘growing up is hard to do.  Well done documentary shot.

Trevor Cunningham - hylocereus study

The fact that the overlapping exposures still show their edges gives it an unfinished look.  At a size of 156 KB I don’t feel qualified to enter into any DOF discussions.  Interesting subject matter.

Dan Mitchell - Portrait

Nice, soft light.  Maybe better with a wider aperture to blow out the background?  Wonder why she (?) looks so surprised ...

Bob McCulloch - Foggy Morn

I very much like moody, foggy seascapes. Reminds of early 19th century painting with similar subjects.  In my mind that’s a good thing.

Bob Sull - Searchlight Mining Shack

Looks to be out of focus, but that could be the compression to 118 KB.  I like it, but the colors (the sky and the roofs) are a bit on the overly saturated side for me.

Christopher Strevens - The exit

Makes you hope that someone hands out the key soon.

Yoram Gelman - Decaying Grand Old House

I like subjects like it and sometimes the strong b/w contrast, too.  I wonder what this house would look like with a wider lens (or greater distance), in landscape format and with a little more diffused light (or even fog) …

Best,

Klaus