Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 3:21 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: 9 members' photographs in PF's exhibit space on JAN 04, 2014

Happy New Year!

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 04, 2014.
Authors with work now on display at:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Gregory david Stempel - Street Lamps
This should be a "composition" type of image.
Although the colors are nice, I find the composition is weak.

Bob McCulloch - Boats
Here the composition is better for me but not perfect.
I would prefer the left side of the pier to reach the frame corner (not only
its shadow )

Dan Mitchell - Android
Nice idea, some figures (humans) should be eliminated.

Tina Manley - Children with Pig, 2002
Very good image!  Interesting subject with good composition.
I like the cropped girl in the right side.

John Palcewski - Hand
It looks like you enlarged 1% of a bigger frame to crop this.
I would prefer to see more crisp sharp hand.
Not sure about un revealing her eye.

Yoram Gelman - Veranda in Decay
Very nice light and shadows play,  I think this image could gain from using
wider lens.

Christopher Strevens - The way.
Like in Bob's image, rotate the camera a little more until bottom left
corner of the frame coincide with wall / floor line so more objects will
"go" to the right - can be a little better.

Art Faul -
A panorama. You wrote  17X32 but this is not the aspect ratio of this pano.
I was thinking maybe you intend to the inner image but after visiting your
web page I understood it is not.
I found the other images on this web site are more interesting than this
one.

Randy Little -

Interesting story but:
Whose image shall I review here ?