Gigapan system

is anyone using the gigapan system?   A book project I am working on requires HDRI sperical maps to light the CG to match exactly the actual photography. (we call this IBL or image based lighting)  I am just wondering if used to capture moderate resulution from wide angel lens how long it takes under normal daylight conditions where shutter is not the limiting factor.       I am trying to avoid having to rent spheroin cameras that are quit expensive but very fast.