Re: Copyright limitations (was an answer to revenge porn)

No copying the print by scanning it is a violation.   uploading a digital file isn't per say a copy.   Also charging a doctor more then any other collector regardless of usage is weird.   Usage is usually based on amount of usage based on it being used to sell stuff.   So a bill board is a super high usage for a commissioned work to sell stuff as the media buy is also super expensive so that fee is higher.   Cover shoot way more then inside editorial shoot.   Back page ad BANK.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/

    This is what i have noted when I started to sell at street fairs 1998 to 2006 is that the audience I sell to is mostly using the pictures to decorate their homes or abode. However a few were bought by a doctor using his own money to decorate a satellite UNC Family Clinic. Then I was currently selling ~8 x 10" images matted to 11 x 14" mostly unframed but some framed.
    A picture hung in a professional office or a corporate setting should sell for more than one sold to a home owner or student.  Now one answer I come up with is to sell larger images at twice the size which is 4x time the area at 10x the price assuming businesses will buy larger works.
    I also considered selling the smaller pictures with a license restricting it use but this would require a lot of explanations to potential buyers at festivals. I don't know how a license on the back of a print would effect retail store sales. For now I have just let the stores selling my smaller generally campus oriented images to sell out.
    Also with technology at such a high level today as Randy points out a customer could up load a photo to the Internet and essentially one controls of the image is lost. So another license to prevent such practice??
The only winners I see are the lawyers.
Roy