Re: PF members exhibit on Sep. 21, 13

Andrew,

Thanks for your comments. I agree…way too strong on the vignette.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com

On Sep 21, 2013, at 11:42 PM, asharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sat, September 21, 2013 4:57 am, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 21, 2013.
Authors with work now on display at:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Jim Snarski - Flight

I know that wildlife photography is difficult, and I applaud folks who
attempt it. I guess I'd like the bird coming at me instead of away from
me, but you got his head, and that's good. The exposure of the wings look
a bit blown out.

Lea Murphy - Jim at the gym

Lots of vignette here; seems a bit excessive. His legs seem a bit bright.
His pose and _expression_ are very good, as is the overall mood of the
picture.

Robert G. Earnest -

My favorite this week. The lighting, exposure and composition are very
good. I like the rocks going one way, and the buildings going the other.
I don't know how the rocks were lit.

John Palcewski - Boarding

I guess I'd like the man to be in focus like the plane, but a quick shot
while boarding a plane is difficult, at best. And I like how the man's
head fits into the letter T.

Bob McCulloch - Highland Light

A pretty picture, but it doesn't pull me in to it. Perhaps a different
composition utilizing the fence a bit better, or a bit later in the day
when the light would be slightly warmer?

Pablo Coronel - Thales Intersect Theorem

A nice geometric composition from an unusual perspective. I have no ideas
where you were to get that height and angle.

Roger Eichhorn - Star Trails.

I've never tried star trails, but this is a good attempt (and a good back
story, too). But the picture doesn't pull me in, either, although I like
the "mistake" of the star trails going the other way on the right side.

Pini Vollach - Alcoholism

Sometimes, a good picture is difficult to look at. This is an excellent
example. These girls are all someone's daughter, and I'm damn glad that my
daughter isn't anything like them!

Andrew

--
http://andrewsharpe.com