Re: Question re: shutter activations

Andy wrote:

It was     IMG_9585.CR2

I checked the IMG_9585.xmp but there did not seem to be a count indicator

hmm. My last photo was DSC002010.jpg I presumed incorrectly that other cameras would run the numbers closer to 999,999 as mine does .. and gosh, I didn't think I'd taken 2000 digital images on this thing ! I've had it for years but I'm a really slow, low count shooter .. is it likely you've sot close to 10k images?

next head for the exif data unless the destruction manual yields information or someone more helpful steps in