Re: jpg

This is why I asked about the lossless jpg formats.  When I started shooting the Pentax in March I could see no difference in the RAW format of the even lit scenes I was photographing. Supposely if one uses the 12  compression jpg is lossless. But I can find no authority that will say this definitively. The late Bruce Fraiser said all digital images needed sharpness correction before printing but he was oriented toward commercial printing  and inkjet printing has kept improving since his death.

Now you are shooting 16 bits and sending the 16 bits on to the Epson so Raw should be sharper because jpeg is only 8 bits so there is an immediate loss of detail mathematically.
Roy