Re: jpg

I can capture in PEF or DNG or JPG. I started shooting even lit scenes and saw no advantage in RAW for these scenes. I can do all the manipulations of ADR in the jpg format except for sharpness-noise and detail-latitude. With regard to RAW capture at 14 bits you get no advantage of the different added colors levels 14 bits provides as you have to convert to 8 bits to do prints etc. So the only thing RAW can help with is the sharpness-noise tradeoff and detail-latitude issues. I see no great issue so far in the sharpness-noise issue.
So it comes down to detail-latitude issue in scenes where the brightness range exceeds the capture range of the displayed photographic process. In such cases you can bring out detail in the highlights and the shadows using RAW by manipulating various settings. Now my camera a Pentax 5 ll in ISO 200 and higher has the options of bringing out the detail in the highlights and the shadows by checking both options in the menu. Now this must be a set program to increase contrast to bring out the shadow and highlight detail while the RAW capture lets you choose multiple contrast options for the shadows and highlights on a visual criteria. I'll see what advantages RAW may provide in high brightness range scenes.
Roy