Re: Nuclear testing riddles

They already know they pass out lies. There is no saving professional government liars.

On Aug 18, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Randy Little wrote:

Jan write them and tell them.  Only those that know can make them fix it.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Jan Faul <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I was there my official DOE guide told me it was a car driven by an “Okie” going to California to get away from the 1930’s drought in the mid-west. And now 15 years later it was a bomb test car.

No wonder few believe what comes out of the government....

On Aug 18, 2013, at 11:35 AM, wpettit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Form my experience such publications are written by contractors who never set foot on the site, and worked from captions on "official" photos and notes.  The wooden wheel is an enigma--my guess is that is was part of a non-nuclear on the old Nellis bombing range.  The vehicle is in too good shape to have been in a nuclear test except at extreme ranges.

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Faul
Sent: Aug 18, 2013 11:06 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Nuclear testing riddles

The NNSS (formerly NEvada Test Site) has released a compendium on their activities from 1951 onwards. I suppose they think it’s an honest history, but much of it reads like it was written by foreign students and researched by somebody who had never set foot on the NTS.

See the bottom of page 30 for a real  lie - The pictures car is a 1930-ear car with wooden wheels and roof parts. IF this were used in a bomb test hot enough to meal dials and plastic parts, why didn’t the wood burn?

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com