Re: PF members exhibt on 08/02/13

John you might want to look closer.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: John Palcewski <palcewski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/03/2013 5:30 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PF members exhibt on 08/02/13

Lea Murphy, Josh Jumps.  Gotta say this is the most compelling
underwater action shot I've seen in a LONG time!  The only nit-pick I
can make is what seems to be too much dodging in the lad's forehead.
And if it really isn't dodging, I'd be inclined to burn it in just a
bit. But that's probably just me, who used to spend a hell of a lot of
time in a darkroom.  Making prints from photographic FILM.  Those were
the days, eh?

George E. Brown.  I'm not sure if I'd make the connection between the
posts supporting the building facade and the guy's crutches if I
hadn't read your explanatory caption. Also, I'd be inclined to crop
off a portion of the left side, as well as the right.  Especially the
right.

Dan Mitchell, Boating on the River.  A very busy image with a number
of competing points of interest.  Being quite fond of street
photography, I'd want to get some tight telephotos of the folks in the
boats. Maybe one improvement would be to crop off the boat that's
going off the frame at the left. Or better, to simply clone out the
boat so as to preserve the trio of arches.

Ah, this looks like a homage or a knock-off of Christo Vladimirov
Javacheff and Jeanne-Claude's Stacked Oil Barrels and Dockside
Packages, Cologne Harbor, 1961. Their very first collaboration.
http://bit.ly/15Cw7rX

Randy S. Little, Cruxifix.  Is there any symbolic value to
mis-spelling crucifix, or is it ironic word-play?   This abstraction
seems to bear little or no relationship to the Christian symbol.  It
could just as well be titled Blurs & Raindrops.