Re: generator math help

On 2013-06-14 13:06, karl shah-jenner wrote:
> stupid text graphics..
>

> 110V Gen -----lightbulb---socket plug -----
>
> flash pack
> 110V Gen-------------------- socket plug-----
>

> basically cut one wire of an extension lead (not the earth!) and connect
> a bulb socket in.  stick it in a nice box so you don't zap yourself, or
> if you want it to look high tech, put it *inside* the box with a fan

That's the kind of simple brute-force electrical circuit behavior I just
don't think of.  I've heard of the trick before, now that you remind me.
 It always surprised me that things like electronic flashes will cope
with the behavior when they're given such limited power, but an awful
lot of things will in fact work fine, just slow, and most flashes are on
that list.

So thanks for reminding me!  I've actually got a 700 watt inverter which
might actually be useful for powering a flash or two this way.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info