Re: PF members exhibit on 8 JUN 2013

On Jun 8, 2013, at 12:21 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

                 Michael Hughes - Old Timers

I really like the dated feeling of the shot - I almost expected it to be in sepia or faded colour. Anybody notice the pitiful little rear view mirror? NO wonder there were so many accidents with cars like this one.

                 Dan Mitchell - Knaresborough

I have to thank Dan for putting this shot in the show. When I revisit Yorkshire, I will make a point of going  back to this little town where I have only been along the river. It’s a great view, although by no means the only one in Yorkshire.

                 Art Faul - Ten Foot Poles, Arild

AH yes, the fishing net drying rack, probably first erected hundreds of years ago and then refreshed every time they rotted.

                 John Palcewski - Shattered

I guess you’re not meditating to this any longer. DVD’s can provide harmony when smashed. Remember when they were $10 each?

                 Rand Flory - Petrified Tree Stump

This shot is cropped too tightly to give the viewer any idea of its surroundings. Some like the lack of context, but I do not. I am a ‘foreground guy’ and this hot has none.

                 Yoram Gelman - Flowers / Rain

Why do beginners start by putting things in the middle of the frame? There is a distinct lack of balance or the use of negative space here. OK, it’s an experimental technique, but that doesn’t mean it has to have mundane composition.

                 Christopher Strevens - Woking, the way to Salisbury

I like this shot - it is informal, balanced, and the subjects are not in the precise middle of the shot.  Seeing the vanishing point is difficult and it should be and othewise we focus on it.

Randy Little has a series exhibition in Gallery 10 at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-10/

Enqueued for future installation: - no work enqueued for next week! This is an opportunity to contribute!!

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Send your contributions early and anything you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 1000 pix in longest dimension and 200Kb in maximum size. Large images that run off the edges of average monitors are a pain. Larger is not always better!

Please take an extra minute to abide by this request but if you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

Did you know you could have a series exhibition? Learn all about it on the instructions page mentioned above.

Last week the counter read 4606 and when this collection was installed the counter read 4885

From: Luna

PS: do you know of other persons who might be interested in subscribing to PhotoForum? See below: