June 1, 2013 Reviews

On Jun 1, 2013, at 12:13 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated June 1, 2013. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

           Andrew Sharpe - Bing Concert Hall, Stanford University

In spite of the lot of you having to know how this photographer made the shot, I took a look at it and thought, “What a clever way to catch a reflection."

           John Palcewski - Wet

It has always struck me as odd that people cover their faces and hair with umbrellas while the rest of the body may be getting drenched. This is another of our ongoing series of grab shots.

           Art Faul - Fire Starters, nr Honrnbaek 1984

Not a grab shot in that the camera does not do ‘grab shots’, but the camera should have been closer or the photographer should have been using a zoom lens.

           Marilyn Dalrymple - Striking a Pose at Apollo Park

I like it when nature agrees with a photographer and lets the person create a bit of still life out of the cacophony the bird world.

           Bob McCulloch - Ogunquit Beach

This kind of panorama borders on being a little bit too wide as all the interest is on the right and the left is just along for the ride. I think I would ahve stood nearer to the blue tent and used it as an anchor point to the right side of that exposure.

           Randy Little - WALL

I like it that the photographer did not take ‘content aware fill’ to this wall and make it  ‘perfect’.

           Yoram Gelman - Huangshan Peak No 2

This seems to be the most popular shot of Huangshan Peak and I think I might have seen as many as 100 renditions of this location. I always wanted to go there myself, but it is no longer on my wish list.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Camera Works - The Washington Post