The John W. Ploy Award for April 27, 2013

After much acclaim (from my mind-demons, anyway), here is this week's review:

>             Emily L. Ferguson - no-meter parking
A snapshot of a curious "find", but with interesting composition that makes the visually-dense ironwork lead to the colored vehicles, while mimicking the vertical lines of the handles.

>             Bob McCulloch - SI Ferry JFK

Romancing the sea. Perhaps the crowded background, or maybe the "horizon" line makes it difficult to perceive the mass - and also the form, to some extent - of the ship.

>             John Palcewski - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

A study in blue. Good balance of volumes, with the visual weight a bit off center.

>             Andrew Davidhazy - Coming and going

Lightning from the sides adds volume and drama to a most odd "subject". Pretty creative in the light of a most technical situation.

And now, the John Willard Ploy III Award for Photograph Excellence this week goes to (drumroll)...

John Palcewski's "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"!
An image that is pleasing to the eye, but also invites to reflection upon down-to-earth human relations.

With this, Mr. Palcewski is breaking all records for the most awards and most consecutive awards by this Committee!

As a public service announcement, rum and other distillates are strictly verboten during the sessions of the Committee. Starting right now!

Alberto Tirado