Re: 5x4 neg scanning

Jonathan

Color scanning has its own set of problems.

If you have a color-managed system so what you see on the screen is what you get in the print, then it shouldn't be too bad.

As for prints for your subjects, a smaller one should do nicely, whatever is the metic equivalent of 10x8 or so.

Printing to 16x24 is a significant crop from your planned negative size so that will up the scan resolution requirement just a little bit to adjust for the smaller neg size.

Transparency color has less correctible range than color negative so you'll have to do a little more in camera and some less in Photoshop.

Good luck with your project.  I hope all works out well.

James

Luke 23:24