Re: Lightroom Export Settings

As a person who help create the icc spec I can say srgb is crap.  Its designed for devices made in 1995 so bad crts would match bad hp printers.   Brucergb adobergb or if you start to really understand your set up prophotorgb to adobe in realitive color metric with black po int compensation and when you get really good you turn black point compensation off.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: Jan Faul <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/18/2013 11:36 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lightroom Export Settings

I use
TIFF
Adobe RGB (1998)
360 ppi

Jan

On Apr 18, 2013, at 2:30 PM, Trevor Cunningham wrote:

Hi there,

Just looking to see what export settings people use for LR.

For the purpose of outsourcing the printing, I've chosen the following:

* TIFF
* AdobeRGB (1998)
* 300 ppi

Comments? Suggestions? I do use a color profile as default that is not RGB1998. Although, I am of the impression if I export with another profile, that translation is made. Incorrect?

What do you use when you send to your print house?

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Camera Works - The Washington Post