Re: Printer feedback

I've purchased several printers from the Epson Clearance Center and have yet to have a problem.

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Sent: Apr 10, 2013 5:23 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Printer feedback

I discussed this printer on another list. I said
"The upgrade Epson desktop R3000 has what is labeled high capacity carts and they have decrease the nozzles from 3 picoliters of the R2800 to 2 picoliters. new model also has "drop-on-demand, inkjet print head"  I'm keeping my R-1800.
Roy

Here is the response from that list from a active pro.

"I bought a R3000 about a year ago. It has worked well, and makes very nice prints. The only complaint I have with it is that it uses lots of ink! It does a lot of cleanings, and when you change from gloss to matte paper there is an ink purge cycle, and again when you go back. The ink in the larger cartridges is no less expensive then the ones for the R1800 so there is no savings.

I can not get it to print a good CD. I have registration problems which I never had with the R1800.

It has yet to need a head cleaning for a clog, after a year. I also like how thick art papers can be loaded from the front.

I have been using ten inch roll paper in it without a problem, even though the manual says nothing about it.

The glossy prints look good without much gloss differential, without a gloss optimizer.

In all, I liked the R1800 better. I like having two blacks loaded and ready to use without ink waste, and the colors are a bit brighter. Not all things new are better; like the R1900 not being as good as the R1800. I am still printing with three R1800s and two R800s!