possible traveling exhibition update

Status of a new PhotoForum initiative re: traveling members' exhibition

The possibility of putting together a traveling exhibition of members' work is slowly going ahead.
We could try for another book and have it "circulate" but a book if usually seen one person at a time
and the opportunity for a group viewing is limited. A flash mob exhibition while interesting means that
each location would have to buy a set - probably unlikely. In brief the thought is to pursue the original
proposal and that is to have a set of prints made as reasonably as possible both in terms of quality
and cost. There is a service that will make 13.5 x 19 inch calendars at a cost of about $ 25 for 12
pages or about $ 30 for 24. Each page would carry a member's photograph and some info about
the photographers, etc. The calendar would be trimmed so that it consists of loose leaves each with
a print on one side and a month on back side (or nothing is it is possible to design it that way).

There is one photo club in North Carolina that is interested in showing the images at one of their
meetings. Maybe there are others out there? Feedback may be possible but "hosts" are not
required to do so. Nor are they liable for damage. etc. They would pay shipping to next destination.
The idea is to keep costs to a minimum.

If you are interested in participating in this venture please send a message to Andrew Davidhazy at
my off-rit and off-list address which is andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. NOTE: this is just to express interest!

Your contribution would me emailed to me at a size suitable for reproduction as a JPG file and
accompanying text which would be edited to fit the available space. Images would be at 300 ppi
and a size of about 12 x 16 inches or so. An alternative would be to upload the photographs to a
free FTP site that can be set-up for this purpose.

The exhibition would be available to any photo organization that would like to see what the
members of PhotoForm are all about!

My train of thought is running slower so I will stop at this point.