Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 6130 - train incident

> From: James Schenken <jds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: NY Post Runs Cover Photo of Man About to Die.
> Date: 10 December 2012 20:41:39 GMT
> To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> The question here is "Was the man saveable."  Could anyone have saved him in the circumstances.

Possibly not saveable by anyone but himself.

As I said before one strategy would have been to lie face down on the track, between the rails.

Another (assuming the train was stopping and not going away) would have been to run between the tracks away from the train, past the end of the area where the train head usually stopped.