Re: NY Post Runs Cover Photo of Man About to Die.

Remember that the camera can, and often does, shield the photographer from things they can't bear to see.

My six-year-old nephew fell out of a tree some weeks ago while we were at a park. I was the first person to get to him. His arm was broken badly, humped out, humped up, very deformed. He was screaming in pain.

My first thought after I got him laid down was to take a photograph.

I am certain I was trying to block his pain and mine from settling on me.

I did not take the photograph. But the sensation of the desire to do so has never left me.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com