Re: Some feedback from one person's POV on current photographs in gallery

Andy (and Michael) -

There is a little museum at RAF Wattisham (an active RAF base used for a helicopter squadron) near Lavenham and that museum’s curator will know about the plane art. There is another similar museum at RAF Elvington, RAF Dumfries, RAF East Kirkby, RAF Horsham St Faith (Norwich Airport), the Fleet Air Arm Museum at RNAS Yeovilton, and another and possibly the best at RAF Duxford. It’s been a few years since I was at any of them, but considering that the US and Britain combined output of airfields during WW2 was about 710, there are a lot of museums to go through. This is not a complete list.

There is also an excellent small series of books title Action Stations which are still available at Amazon. The series goes into some detail on all of the 710 airfields, so if you want to discover the art, planes, and airfields of America’s biggest aircraft carrier (England) there is a ton of material to peruse.

Jan