captivating

My recollection was that the first 'digital' cameras were video still capture cameras..

People 'exposed' film to make pictures on film, but early digicams exposed the sensor the whole time, so a frame was 'captured' from the ongoing video stream.

but then we film shooters 'capture' a moment from the live stream of life ;)

So far I've foud a few Kodak ad statements

"Capture your Grand Moment"
"Anyschool-boy or girl can make a grand picture"
"Take a Kodak with You"
"Anybody Can Do it"
"Relax"
"All Out-doors Invites your Kodak"
"Let the Children Kodak"
"Kodak as you Go"
"Let Kodak Keep the Story"
"There are no Game Laws for Those who Hunt With a Kodak"
"You Press the Button, We do the Rest"
"Keep a Kodak Story of the Baby"
"Kodak Means Photography With the Bother Left Out"
"Told by the Kodak"
"There's Cheer in the Pictures from Home"
"It' a Colorful Old World and With a Kodak Yo Can Get it All"
"The Always Wecome Gift - a Kodak"
"Let Kodak Sell Your Livestock"
"The Kodak Letter"
"Before He Goes"

no "capture the Moment" though

Me, I'm going to stop shooting/burning/taking/snapping pictures and start referring to it all as making cart de vistes