Re: Scanning glass slides on Epson Perfection 500 scanner

On 2012-10-30 21:18, karl shah-jenner wrote:

If there's no solution in Epson Scan, can Vue-Scan do it?

can't say for sure but it's only a 7Mb download to find out
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/epson_perfection_v500.html
if it can handle 4x5's then it should handle mounted slides

I'm doubtful that model can handle 4x5s, there's no film holder for it, and the illuminator track does NOT look like it's 4 inches wide. It does only one row of 2x2 slides, two 35mm film strips.

But I suppose we can try Vue Scan to see, yes. It means another, and weirder, interface for my friend to cope with, though, so I would prefer a way to do it in Epson Scan if one exists.

Well, we'll see, if no Epson Scan solution shows up, we'll try Vue Scan (I already proposed it as a possible option).
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info