Re: screen resolution (answer to Emily )

Emily and Pini,

I use Andy's method and set the long dimension to 700ppi and then compress it to about 100kb.
Generally this makes the picture viewable quality on the screen but not with enough clarity that some could copy and print it into a respectable sellable image. I been using 72ppi but since I am on a windows machine I should be using 96ppi.

 I sometimes do heavy manipulation on a picture which wipe out a good deal of the pixels. These pictures can not be squashed down and still remain viewable quality  so I don't ever post them
Roy