Re: non-full RAW files

Hmm. Based on
http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/eos_qt_small_raw_images_article.shtml,
it looks like the other RAW modes are simply not using all the pixels of
the sensor. I cannot think of any reason you'd want to do this; if you
bought a camera at a specific resolution, you'd want to use all the pixels
you paid for. If you want a smaller file for a given session that isn't as
important, don't shoot RAW, and shoot in jpg mode instead.

Andrew