Re: PF Gallery updated Oct 13, 2012

At 1:15 PM -0400 10/13/12, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Oct 13, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                  Rene M Hales - Vine On A Tree

Stunning. Such lovely tones of grey, mauve and blue! I love the way the vine is arranged - reaching, and so miraculously parallel and yet not quite. I just hope it wasnt' poison ivy, which does that here.

                  Don Draper - Autumn's beginning

Well, it's not that grim! I suspect if you'd turned the leaf over you might have found a little spot of some color to inject a little bit of energy into the image.

                  Bob McCulloch - Moody City

Funny how the week has been grey except for one day this week. There's something about the crop which legislates against the mood here. I suspect it's too much sky, or too much water, but also possibly the ferry going in the wrong direction. It might have worked better if the ferry had been going towards the towers.

                  Dan Mitchell - Tiger ! Tiger !

It's a funny thing about cats' eyes. I've had many cats and only one of them revealed his attitude thru his eyes. All the rest just watched.

In this image the cat is clearly not engaged with the viewer which makes the reviewer lapse into technicalities. Which are all largely laudable.

But still, there's a strong feeling of disconnect, no spirit in the cat.

                  Christopher Strevens - Funera

You should, as family, have been sitting in front of those two forbidding backs, Chris, but the unsharpness seems in tune with what I imagine your feelings might have been at the event. If I thought it were deliberate I'd be inclined to wax psychologically analytical about it, but I fear it's an accident.

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Send your contributions early and anything you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in maximum size. Please take an extra minute to abide by this request but if you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

From: Tellulah

PS: do you know of other persons who might be interested in subscribing to PhotoForum? See below:

PF on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234442540144&ref=mf

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx