Re: Large format bow film

In my opinion, the all round best b/w film for 8x10 is Tri-X. Although I do have a friend who likes to shoot 8x10 handheld color transparencies of scenes at the beach at sunrise. Alas, he found it wasn’t too practical to work at sunrise with a handheld modified (bellows were replaced with Opaque black plastic for durability) Sinar. I think he returned to shoot with a Mamiya 7 in an Ikelite csae. The Sinar would not fit in an Ikelite case and if it had, it would have weighed almost 100 pounds. Shades of Andy Davidhazy 9-)

Jan