Observations on PF members photographs

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Elson T. Elizaga - Brothers - I think this is a very good photograph of siblings Lighting, composition and expression are very appealing and natural.

Emily L. Ferguson - Cranberry bog pump houses - hmmmm ... this does not work for me - trees overwhelming, houses unimpressive, guess you had to be there and know something about cranberry farming.

Jan Faul - Sully rush hour - apropos and funny in a way. Easy to spend time looking at the photograph and read into it all sorts of things. Might be better with horizon a bit higher?

Don Draper - I guess symmetry is the subject of this photograph and to me it is visually attractive. Too bad the right petal of the flower is just a bit too close to being cut off. Exposure is a bit hot also IMO.

Christopher Strevens - the drink - I find it very difficult to comment appropriately to these series.

Bob McCulloch - Sunrise over Valley Field - not your average stunning sunset photo - from a technical pov I like the apparent reversal of tones delineating the circle of the Sun. I like this.

John Palcewski - Lady Godiva - can't relate to this - I find the cropping on left too much ... maybe also that on the right. Horse too dark and much detail lost fro not good reason where the girl's hands is on the mane of the horse. Also the green leaves don't add and are actually distracting.

Mario Filipe Pires - Where the streets have no name - As an abstract design I like this although the connection to strees is lost on me. I wonder if cropping off the details on the top might strengthen the image?

FWIW,
Andy from Rochester