Re: your camera has been hacked-

Password Alert! This message may contain a request for your password. NEVER SEND OR RESPOND TO E-MAIL REQUESTS FOR YOUR PASSWORD. For questions about this alert, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 585-475-4357 (v), 585-475-2810 (tty), or helpdesk@xxxxxxx.

Emily writes -

http://gizmodo.com/5940403

thanks for that followup Emily, I do appreciate it. Though I'm not convinced by the platitudes of computer experts these days, especially when you read something like the following account of a Journalist who writes security articles for a tech magazine!: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/08/apple-amazon-mat-honan-hacking/all/

for those who can't be bothered reading it, this guy basically had his online presence trashed and lost a world of data. the security guy, who writes advising others about security.. who was totally lax on passwords and failed to anticipate the risks of using common sites

On computer matters of a security nature, this is well worth a peek for a chuckle and a pictorial explanation of good password security:
http://xkcd.com/936/
"Through 20 years of effort, we've successfully trained everyone to use passwords that are hard for humans to remember but easy for computers to guess."