gallery review

The images are here: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Yoram. Wow. The scale on this is impressive and the photographer in the corner knocks the point home. The light is nice and models the sculptures very well. I'd like to see the window frame burned down as it distracts my eye from the faces and the wonderfully textured ceiling.

Jan. Sort of reminiscent of Alexey Titarenko's work which I like very much. I'm not crazy about the tone of the image but the composition is lovely.

Mario. I really, really like this. It's strong, graphic and draws me in.

Bob. Your clouds in this are wonderful. I like the three different areas of interest: the clouds, the land and the water and how their textures work with each other.

Elson. I want to go there with a good book and relax! It appears a bit over saturated on my monitor but that could just be me. The burst of blue and white from the sky reflection in the lower right corner is a nice touch against the greens.

Emily. The branches cut this image too much and make it heavy and oppressive.

Michael. This looks like a fun place to visit and the boats look like they'd be fun to ride but the image is rather static. Cropping up from the bottom to the boat on the left adds some tension…but maybe in a relaxing activity like this tension isn't the point.

Chris. I continue to appreciate the photographs you post of your mother. You are creating a powerful tribute to a woman you obviously care for deeply. These images aren't the easiest to look at because they are challenging but they throw open the doors to deeper thoughts for me about living and aging. Thank you.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com