RE: tablet PC history

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: tablet PC history
From: Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, August 03, 2012 8:05 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  > From:  Christopher Strevens
 > ...I have just sat up and found that I am floudering in debt and I
might have to work FOR money much as I hate this aspect of western
culture.

Just so you know, there are about 6,973,738,000 other people in the
world who work for money. I don't want you to feel all alone.

Not only that, but if you won't take care of yourself, who will?
Anything someone or some organization gives you, can take it away and
sooner or later probably will.  Frankly I am totally amazed that the
group has been this patient.  Andy must be a saint.  Your Drs and pills
are not about photography.  I would suspect most of us have at least
some debt, and to pay it we work for money.  Some might even be in debt
for a camera.  Some might have to go to work and use a camera.  After a
while they find that what they loved so much is now a chore.  They have
to do what they are told not what they want.

It is my opinion that these types of post are inhibit the flow of posts
about photography.  This is a resource I find valuable and if the post
were about photography, the no matter how off base I might think an idea
to be, its valuable.  A free exchange of ideas isn't just for the ideas
with which you agree.  I could take each of your points part by part and
discuss them, but no one would want to hear that.  This is a photography
group Dr, and a political discussion from me is just as bad as from you.
 Just because no one responses to argue doesn't mean you have convinced
them of anything or that they agree with you.  Its much more likely they
have just hit the ignore button.