Re: PF members exhibit on 07-28-12

Emily L. Ferguson, The Elizabeth Islands on a still day.   This is
Zen-like in its austere simplicity.  It also has a  sense of depth and
great distance, all of which combine to make an outstanding image.

D.L. Shipman, D.  If this were my image I'd dodge the face, and gently
tweak the contrast.  Also I'd put additional space on the left,
inasmuch as the face appears crowded too much.   There's lots of power
and energy in that stare of his.  Quite dramatic.

Lea Murphy, Edyn.  This is a truly moving image because it perfectly
captures a small child's vulnerability, and beyond the vulnerability
there is, at least to my eye and imagination, a sort of premonition on
her part that her life ahead may have some rough patches.   Sad and
poignant to contemplate.

Rene M Hales, Looking Out/Looking In    What works against this is
that it's too obviously set up, not spontaneous, and the model's body
language is somewhat uncomfortable, forced.  I'd be inclined to burn
in the mirror image to make it more consistent with the foreground.

Yoram Gelman, Street Seller.   This face doesn't have quite as much
energy and interest as Shipman's "D."  Can't explain why, except to
say that maybe it ought to be cropped in closer so as to make the
wrinkles more clearly defined.

Chris Strevens, she sleeps.   Well, sir, I have to say that I've
always admired you as an authentic British eccentric, but in this
presentation you reveal yourself as a lyrical poet, both in the image
and in the caption.   Here is a surrealistic mingling of pathos and
absurdity, which if you get right down to it is exactly what life too
often is about.    "Death is what happens only  to OTHERS" is the
worst lie we ever tell ourselves.

Rand Flory, Classic Machu Picchu.   This is too familiar to be at all
interesting, and what's more it's overexposed.

Bob McCulloch, Rehoboth Beach Scene.  Lots of stuff going on just
beyond the fence, whilst the photographer lurks, hidden,  in the sea
grass.   They're all far enough away so that they will never hear the
click of the shutter.

Trevor Cunningham, dick dale.  This guy probably sounds better than he
looks.