Re: Parting thoughts about this weeks photographs

The Anabaptists of 16th Century Europe rejected the notion of infant
baptisim and asserted that young adults should be able to make the
decision of whether to make a confession of Christian faith, or not.
The Amish, Hutterites, and Mennonites are direct descendants of that
Protestant movement.   The Amish of rural Pennsylvania in 2011 took
the notion of Christ's forgiveness for his crucifixion to
extraordinary lengths when they, after a lunatic shot ten little girls
in a schoolhouse killing five and wounding five, reached out to the
lunatic's family and friends and offered forgiveness and comfort and
compassion.   The Amish, of course, have no elaborate edifices like
churches, cathederals or any other ostentatious display of their
beliefs.  They meet in homes, or in farmhouses, quietly, privately.