Parting thoughts about this weeks photographs

As seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Lea Murphy - Race to the base - nice action shot! the expression on the runner's face and the concentration on the thrower makes the photograph.

Trevor Cunningham - asleep 	- cute - exhausted Mom? or sis?

John Palcewski - Window - appealing "atmosphere" photograph. Lighting is just right and there is an air of mystery. I kept looking for Vittoria but. alas, nowhere to be seen.

Dan Mitchell - Font - Another well composed and envisioned photograph in my opinion. I am not sure what "font" is but as I think about it it is that object that looks like a basin on left - or is that a pulpit?

Bob McCulloch - Farmland Sunset - what the experience was is probably more than the photograph. transformers on pole really don;t add much and in fact distract ... as does pole on right.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Red Hollyhock - hmmmm ... I am taken by the flower but am "bothered" by the one on lower left ... also what appears to be a torn edge but I realize that was the way it was. There is a nice luminescent center to the flower. The focus could probably be moved forward a bit.

Emily L. Ferguson - Summer solstice celebrants 	- something odd about this scene - the guys in the back seem unimpressed! The nymphettes appear to be getting drunk and having a good time. Wish I had been there to co-celebrate!

Yoram Gelman - Washer Women - I get the idea and I think this is a good attempt at emmulation of a style but I think the women are too small ... or maybe the whole image is too small. I like the floating castle in the clouds portion as well as the forest in haze.

Andy