Re: printer suggestions?

On 5/18/12 3:41 PM, Lea Murphy wrote:
Can anyone suggest a printer that will handle text and photos well on good plain paper?

You're not going to find any inkjet that will look good on plain paper. Paper is porous and ink is liquid, which means its going to get pulled out into the paper and it will never look right. You're best bet on plain paper would be a color laser printer, but that kills your "cheap" needs.

I would suggest that you spend more effort on various papers, than chasing different printers. You can get brochure paper for instance that has a little coating on one side, so it's the weight of plain paper, but doesn't have the bleeding characteristics of plain paper.

I did recently pick up an Epson Stylus NX530 from Amazon for under $60 shipped from Amazon. It's wi-fi, has a scanner, can print from various cards and is fast. I honestly have not tried to print photos on it yet (on photo paper), but it does as well as anything else printing stuff from websites.

Rob

--
Rob Miracle
Email:   rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx