Re: PF members exhibit May 12, 2012

Bob Sull, Jake.  Ah, the sweetness of youth.  Here's where an overall
blurriness adds to the spontaniety of the scene.  Not every image
needs to be sharply focused.

Howard Leigh, Remembering.  The gentleman at far left seems to me the
very essence of a British military veteran, perhaps a graduate of
Sandhurst, distinguishing himself in both war and peace. Now during
the final days of WWII, I once read,  British planes bombed Calais,
mistaking it for Dunkerque.  Ooops!  I think I would have taken this
shot in color, so as to emphasize all the medals and decorations.

Emily L. Ferguson, Quaker Meetinghouse Window.  Interesting downward
view, which I think would profit from a bit of burning in of the scene
outside.

Bob McCulloch, Double Falls.   This scene would be vastly improved had
it been shot in the magic light of early imorning or late afternoon.
As it is, the overall brightness renders everything rather flat.

Michael Hughes, Crowd scene at Arts Festival.  If this is simply what
you saw, then maybe you need to get a new prescription from yer
optometrist!   Unlike the soft focus of the birthday scene, above,
blurring doesn't contribute to the image.