Brief comments on PF photographs

Some personal opinions on the PhotoForum member's photographs at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

John Palcewski - Rain - Definintely a rainy scene! IMO the tilt of the image adds to the effect of stress in this case. The feeling of a cold and miserable situation is conveyed.

D.L. Shipman - North edge of Englewood clearing - Intriguing scene but lacks something "going on" ...

Pini Vollach - Hands - Potentially a very effective subject but I feel that the distance between the hands is too great. Probably the left side of the photograph would work for me by itself.

Emily Ferguson - shells on beach - Oak Bluffs, MA - The shell in the center is not strong enough IMO to give the photograph an effective visual connection to the viewer (me!). Overall I think it is too bland in tones yet on close examination a wide range of tones is there.

Christopher Strevens - waiting  - This is a situaton photo that does not cause me toi look at it very long. In this case the tilt to the photogtraph is IMO disturbing. I like the layer of busy folks in the background. In fact the thing that draws my attention is the two "planes" of activity ... one inactivity and other activity! ;)

Andy

PS: I hear that there are only 3 photographs in the bin for installation this weekend. FYI.