Re: PF members exhibit on 04-14-12

Title: Re: PF members exhibit on 04-14-12
At 8:40 PM -0400 4/14/12, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated April 14, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

              Emily L. Ferguson - looking down at Drake's Estero

Another scan.  I was getting a bit more adventurous with perspective by this time.
              Ashley Simmons -

On closer examination this is a pretty neat image.  All the chiaroscuro of steel and skin highlights and the way it reveals the content.  It's a shame that images like this are so difficult to make work as thumbnails.

              John Retallack -

A little hot on the left side on my monitor.  Funny how the man (who was probably the one who went out and hammered at everyone for the money to make the museum come alive) has  the reserved _expression_ of someone who doesn't quite know how to appear welcoming, while his wife has the graciousness part down cold.  It makes a space between them which does not get bridged by their almost joined hands.

              Jim Snarski - Survivor

The spider is wonderfully sharp, and I know depth of field is murder with this macro stuff, but the shadows are really confusing.

              Christopher Strevens - untidy

Ah, Chris, your standards are soooooo much higher than mine if you think this is a problem!  Would that I could keep my coffee table that clear!  And you did a great job controlling the whites.

              Bob McCulloch - Sunrise over Brooklyn

The title leads one to expect an urban feeling.  Just the name Brooklyn brings to my mind the serious mobs I scurried thru on my way to BAM last fall.  So it's a nice sunrise but I need another place name.  City Island maybe?

              Michael Hughes - Holding the gate for Spring

What a sweet idea but the image is really hot.  It makes it difficult to see the daffs.

              Trevor Cunningham - grenadine

Hmm.  I've got a bottle of that in my liquor cabinet.  My parents used to make me a highball with fizzy water and grenadine when I was a kid when they served the hard stuff to their adult friends!  I feel that the shadows are too dark, the highlights are just fine, the sharpness is really great in the center.  And I love the irregularity of the blossom end.  But the mystery of the center is just a bit too shrouded.

Welcome Ashley Simmons! You are entitled to a free chocolate bar!.
Send postal address to ADavidhazy - andpph@xxxxxxx

Note there are no photographs enqueued. To participate find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

OK guys.  Here's the address.  Submit now!

And thanks to Andy for his faithful labors.  Hope you get to go out on Adria soon now that she's in the water!

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx