Re: PF Members exhibit on 03-31-12

On 3/31/12 5:49 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated March 31, 2012. Authors with work now on display at:http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html  include:
Robert Hall -
Love it. You could possibly adjust the curve, just a touch, to bring more detail into the shadows. But it looks great as is.
Emily Ferguson - Dismantling in process
I like the lines and shapes. Can't tell if it's a ship or some other structure being dismantled.
Marilyn Dalrymple - Liquefy
Just lie and say it was a leaf floating down a river in which there was a tragic oil spill. That would make the purists happy. :)
Bob McCulloch - Great Falls
This is a majestic scene requiring someone with a camera. Not sure how I feel about the tree on the left, it does draw attention to the colors in the tree line on the horizon, but it seems a little obtrusive to me. I would like to see this monochrome as well. If you have the opportunity, maybe revisit the scene at a different time of day to address that shadow in the foreground. Great capture!
Dan Mitchell - Violinist
Buskers...like carnies, hope you had your hand on your wallet. Great composition, although the crop is a bit tight at the bottom. I would like to see her hand on the neck of the fiddle. Only slightly distracting is the reflection of the man in the window.
Lea Murphy - Rachel, Josh and Edyn on the beach
Love the composition and lighting. Not too crazy about the shallow depth of field.
John Palcewski - Vittoria
I imagine you'd untie her from the tree once the chainsaws come out...at least I hope you would.
Sherie Taylor - Million Hoodie March for Trayvon Martin
Great photo op. I wish the subject showed a modicum of emotion to match the mood of the movement.