Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5960

On Wed, March 28, 2012 02:49, Dan Mitchell wrote:

> Dan Mitchell
> danmdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On 28 Mar 2012, at 04:01, List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals
> - Students wrote:
>
>>  Re: Film is not dead
>
> I cannot but react to the headline - "Film is not dead"   It IS.  Kodak is
> dead, Ilford is dead, Polaroid is dead - or all nearly are. R.I.P.
> Digital has won, get used to it guys. Embrace the dark side. No more
> stinky chemicals, stains in the bath, no more Kodachrome, Prof. Ektachrome
> E100VS, E100G, Elite Chrome Extra Color 100 - exeunt omnes.

Ilford is not dead, their products are still out there.  And so are Adox,
Arista, Efke, Foma, Fuji, Kentmere, or Rollei (yes, film; may be
rebranded, though).

(Digital has clearly won; film sales must be down 90% or some such.  But
that's not DEAD.  People who want normal photo tools should choose
digital.  People who want film can still buy film, though, and that's as
it should be -- so long as there are enough of them.)
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info