A few personal observations re: members' photographs

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated March 03, 2012. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

 Lea Murphy - Rachel, eight years old - Very well done photo of a lovely young lady!

Kostas Papakotas - King Kong II - Weird ... dramatic lighting - maybe a little too contrasty for my taste

Trevor Cunningham - karela - More an exercise in patience than anything else. I think this would work better in color.

Emily Ferguson - Niagara falls in winter - Somehow I think this photograph needs more "punch". The falls are inferred more than seen and the railing, while interesting, does not add much  IMO.

John Palcewski - Fore!  - I am not  "moved" much by this photograph. Am trying to identify with something in the photograph but not getting anywhere.

Sherie Taylor - Venice Pier  - What struck me forst was the converging lines to the center of the photograph then went looking for some "action" but was disappointed. People (too small) all appear to be walking away from the camera - except for one who is obscured by railing ... Then the horizon became a  distraction.

 Bob McCulloch - East River - Attention grabber to be sure IMO - I normally am not impressed by curved lines in architectural forms but in this photograph I am willing (!) to accept them - but in this one also I was looking for something to keep my attention for longer than a few seconds and could not find anything. Nice overhead curve but not enough IMO.

Then I noticed the FREE CHOCOLATE ad for any new exhibitor - yummy!