Re: New work in PF exhibit site on 03-03-12 (and chocolate promotion)

On Sat, March 3, 2012 8:40 am, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated March 03, 2012.
> Authors with work now on display at:
> http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

> Lea Murphy - Rachel, eight years old

This is wonderful. I like the focus, the composition, the pose, the
pensive smile, the lighting, and the exposure. Really excellent.

> Kostas Papakotas - King Kong II

A bit too high contrast and slightly blown out for my liking, but it does
heighten the tension.

> Trevor Cunningham - karela

I'm sure I don't know what this is, but I'm also sure I don't want to meet
it in a dark alley somewhere. The composite photo look is a bit
distracting to me; I think I'd like this better all black.

> Emily Ferguson - Niagara falls in winter

Looks cold. Which is the point, of course. I'm not sure if the spray right
in front adds or detracts from the picture, though.

> John Palcewski - Fore!

Well, you've got balls showing this. Actually, it's quite interesting,
with a sculptural element. Some blown out highlights, but not too
distracting.

> Sherie Taylor - Venice Pier

A nicer composition. The horizon still should be straightened a bit.

> Bob McCulloch - East River

I like the overarching black curve, especially since it has good detail in
it.

Andrew