RE: PHOTOFORUM digest 5917

I have been in trouble over these things.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Mitchell
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:25 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5917

> But not police, psychiatrists, people, children, Harrods and other
buildings
> that are "copyright", military officers, barracks, military vehicles,
ships,
> aircraft. Or near airports, if fact it is quite difficult to take
> photographs in the UK without breaking the law, public parks have an
> anti-photography policy also, telephoto lenses are banned. And remember
that
> photographing buildings that are homes could result in prosecution too.
> Rule: Always ask for written permission before pressing the shutter
release
> button!

This is simply not correct - my original note stands.  But I emphasise
PUBLIC places - e.g. on the public street or pavement (sidewalk), as parks
and shopping malls and the interior of shops and buildings in general are
most often not "public", but "private" property.  It is important to know
the difference and to know your rights.

Dan.