Re: Lightroom 4 beta is out

On Mon, January 16, 2012 10:01, Karl Shah-Jenner wrote:

> Corel's pint Shop Pro is a heck of a lot cheaper, has been getting some
> very
> positive reviews and also handles vector graphics for those who dabble in
> such things - something Photoshop should have implemented right at the
> start.  Actually it's always been a viable alternative to Adobe, but that
> 'industry standard' label was applied to Photoshop pretty early on and it
> stuck.

I've used PSP, and it's generations behind Photoshop; more at the level of
GIMP, really, and if I'm giving up features to save money I'll just go
there.

Picture Window Pro is interesting, too, but again where it falls down for
me is it doesn't support the lossless workflows I can get with adjustment
layers.

Though come to think of it it wasn't Corel's when I used it.

I do use Corel Draw for my object-oriented drawing needs.

And I unfortunately DO have significant uses for the content-aware
technology in Photoshop.

I'll have to decide when the deadline for upgrade to CS6 comes by if I'm
willing to run the risk of having to re-buy in a few versions.  The one
real show-stopper is that buying a new camera always requires a photoshop
upgrade, and there's no chance I'm done buying new cameras.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info