RE: Lightroom 4 beta is out

Well Lightroom 4 has to be out soon.  I just bought version 3.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Lightroom 4 beta is out
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, January 11, 2012 6:30 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lightroom is great for somebody who edits hundreds of photos at a time, not for the photographer who does a lot of work on one photo at a time in Photoshop.  I can edit, rank, make basic corrections, crop, keyword and organize my photos very quickly in LR, marking those that need further work in PS; but with each edition of LR, I end up doing less work in PS.  True, you can't correct parallax in LR.  Spotting is more efficient in PS for a single photo but if you are spotting a whole series of photos with dust in the same places in LR you can click on them and synchronize the spotting all at once.

It's just a different way to work, but I couldn't do without LR now.

Tina