Incident in Sutton

Hi,

I was in the local town centre of Sutton, Surrey yesterday talking to a man on an Islamic information stand in the street (it is a pedestrian precinct) when some Christians moved to attack them with knives.

I did notice some people lying on the ground afterwards and the group of Moslems moving away.

I am unsure what happened.

I captured no images because of my confusion. I had just sat down to enjoy a cup of tea the Moslem gentleman had given me.

The event was over very quickly and my mind was unable to take in the course of events.

I heard also that there was trouble near the Mosque down the road near me. I have seen quite big weapons in their forecourt. The gun I saw was a small field gun.

Dr Chris